Sunday, October 12, 2008

Dinner Calendar

I have decided to do a dinner calendar for my family in an attempt to save money and time. Usually when I am working my wonderful husband makes me something amazing and yummy to take to work. On Sunday we usually either go to my sister in laws home to eat (thank-you, thank-you, thank-you) or I try to cook something healthy for after church. Either way we usually eat at least four good meals a week. But, then there are those days when the last thing I want to do is cook dinner (more often lately than not) or it comes down to dinner time and neither one of knows what we want and then it gets later and we end up eating at Wendy's or something.
So, hopefully a dinner plan will elleviate some of the stress and hassle of figuring out what to do for dinner every night. I have gotten some great ideas for quick, easy, and healthy meals from my friend at work. If anyone else has some good meals to share I would love all the help I can get.

9 comments:

Emily said...

That dinner calendar is a good idea! One thing that helps me is to always have some basic things on hand that are used in a lot of recipes, like chicken, canned tomatoes, rice, potatoes, etc. That way if I want to make something on the spur of the moment, I can pick from many recipes that use those common ingredients.

And btw, that outfit fits Bella perfectly! Thanks so much, it's beautiful.

gma said...

Wow, you've gotten so creative on your blog. I love the pumpkins!
Now if you could just be consistent. I won't give cooking or any advice when it comes to dinner. You know how it is around here, apparently you didn't fall to far from the tree. Around here MOnday is hamburger and rice, Tuesday is Subway, Wednesday is ?????? Thursday is ????? Friday is ?????? and yesterday I had licorice and crackers for dinner. Love ya mom

Anonymous said...

You go girl!! I have some quick easy meal ideas....if you want them. (maybe I should use them myself....lol!)

Lindsey R said...

This is a hard one for me! I hate cooking too, so usually I make the easy stuff from Costco. Like their frozen ravioli's or manicotti.... it's really good with garlic bread and broccoli. That's my kind of cookin'!

Kassi said...

So this calendar are you going to be posting on your blog? I mean it really isn't a secret that Kassi is not a cook but I do try every now and then. Anything I can throw in a crock pot and let cook while I am working is my kind of cooking. Also I love the campbells site they have quick easy not expensive meals (30 min or less)anyway I would love some new ideas!

Kassi said...

oh and I am like the crock pot queen so if you would like some of my favorites just let me know! :D

Cindy England said...

i have totally wanted to set up a menu myself of quick, easy, healthy recipes (does all that even exist together!) let me know ..maybe we should share our ideas/calendars once we set them up! xoxo, Cindy

Kate said...

So you guys have to come check out my new blog its called thorleydelicious. Yours is so cute I decided I had to start one. I dont know how to add friends yet though.

Diana said...

Hi Kimberlyn, if you lock it- add me (dianatjohnson@msn.com)! And have you gotten a calendar going? If so, share!! It sounds like a lot of your friends have recipes, etc so that would be helpful! Not all of us have a husband who cooks for us-- you lucky! :)