Sunday, November 9, 2008

CHICKEN POX!!!

Can you believe that James has the CHICKEN POX!! I thought that was something they got when they were a little older not when they were 9 months old. Poor baby.

On Friday it looked like a little rash around his mouth and on his cheek. Saturday it was worse and a few more bumps showed up. By the time I was going to work he had a few more bumps on his back and torso. Today the ones from Friday are full on blisters and are actually scabbing over tonight. He just looks awful.

We gave him a baking soda bath and put caladryl lotion on, along with some gloves so he wouldn't itch. Then tonight for bed we put him in a Aveeno oatmeal bath, put more caladryl lotion and some aveeno night itch relief lotion on.

Hopefull tomorrow he is feeling better and it starts to look better.








8 comments:

Chad and Becky said...

poor baby.. I feel so bad for him. good thing his mommy is a nurse!

Kate said...

oh little buddy. he is not looking good at all. and hes def not happy about it either. sad stuff.

Anonymous said...

Poor James!! He looks so unhappy....dang those chicken pox. I hope he feels better soon!!

Mindi said...

Poor baby, hope he gets over it soon.

Cindy England said...

awwww! little jamesie!!! so sad! he looks so sad in his eyes... poor thing...get better fast! xoxo, c

Lindsey R said...

Oh my heck! I didn't think kids could get that young too. Do you guys know where he got it? He is so cute though, poor lil guy!! Give him kisses from us!

Anonymous said...

Kimmy-so sad! Isn't there an immunization for that? I hope he is getting better. Are you going to Kanab over Christmas?

Angie said...

Hey Kimmy, I just found your blog and saw that you were going to go private. I totally understand, mine is blocked too. If you don't mind, add me to your list (angiecastagno@hotmail.com). Your little guys is a cutie, hope his Pox are gone!
-Angie (Hamblin) Castagno