Tuesday, February 24, 2009

I LOVE WARM Weather

Today was the warmest day we have seen is many many months. I couldn't waste such a great day inside. So, James and I went for a walk. I finally got to use his new car that he got from Grandma and Grandpa Jones.
We left a hour before Cloyd got off work and decided that if we planned just right we would get to Auto Zone just as he was getting off. Well, it definitely wasn't as far as I was thinking, I thought it would take me a little longer to walk 1 1/2 miles. It didn't. So, we stopped at the scrub shop and then Arby's to eat lunch.
James was in heaven. He did little car sounds most of the way there. We were starting off and I could here him go "Vrooom, Vroom, Vrooom" He loved to beeping the horn and push the little pretend buttons on the inside. When I would stop or wasn't going fast enough he would bounce back and forth trying to get me to go. Smart. About half way there he discovered that he could drag his feet and wouldn't stop. Frustrating. By the time we got to Auto Zone his socks were black and had holes. Oh, boy there goes another pair of socks. Now only if I can get him to keep his shoes on. On thing at a time.


9 comments:

gma said...

Okay, I need a picture of him dragging his feet.....

Stephanie Greenwood said...

He is getting so big... very cute about the socks- Taylor refuses to not wear shoes. To each their own right

Lindsey R said...

TOO cute! Warm weather is nice, today its suppossed to get to 68 down here. I love that you can push that little car...instead of using a stroller...what a fun thing to have!

Mindi said...

This weather has been awesome, we are loving it. What a cute little car. We need to get together soon.

Cindy England said...

oh that is too cute! we love James! How funny about the socks too... xoxo, C

Anonymous said...

and it begins....

I throw away socks with holes in them DAILY. Jeremy is as big of a culprit as the boys!!

Kate said...

I really want you guys to come see us. I miss you both and James! Its perfect vacation weather down here. I told Cloyd he should start walking to work! Its not as far as it looks.

Torrie Young said...

That's amazing how boys do sound effects right away. Poor little socks. :(

Dennis and Wynnette Greer said...

He is such a beautiful boy.