Thursday, July 10, 2008

Family Vacation

I know, I know, I am a slacker at blogging, but I hope I make up for it now.
The fourth of July weekend we went down south to visit our family. There was so much going on that we felt like we couldn't miss it and thankfully Cloyd had a few parts to sell so that we could afford it.
We left last Wed and went to St. George to see Lane's new baby (cloyd's brother). She is adorable. She is the first girl after three boys and has tons of hair. While we were there we went swimming in their pool at like 11 at night. It was so much fun and James loved it. They had an infant swimming ring that you put the baby in and they float. I was a bit nervous at first but when I saw that it was pretty safe it was great.
Then on Thursday we went to Kanab.
Friday was on course the 4th of July. It was pretty fun to be in Kanab and hang out with my family. We went to the parade and then up to the park to see all the booths there. My mom and dad were in charge of the drinks for KHS Booster Club and we helped out up there. Then later that evening we ate bbq beef sandwiches at my house and lit fireworks in our yard before we went and saw the big fireworks the city does every year, not bad for a small town. James loved the fireworks, he was in such awe.
The next day was a busy day for us. In the early morning we took family pictures. My sister in law Shauna actually took them and she did such an awesome job. I couldn't have gotten better pictures done by a professional. She has such a great eye for a good shot. James was pretty cooperative as well. After family pictures Cloyd went to a golfing "tournament" for his family reunion. While he golfed Shauna and I went up to Alton and took some pictures of James. They turned out totally adorable. Then in the afternoon we went to Cloyd's "Roundy Reunion". The food was pretty good and the stories were funny. After the reunion we had to jet back to Kanab for Kylee's 2nd birthday (Megan's little girl). I also had a class reunion this day but figured that family stuff was more important.
Then Sunday after church we came home. Whew! What a weekend.






3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good grief you guys were busy! That makes me tired just reading it...but I'm sure you had a great time. Being with family makes it all worth it!

Lane and Katie Eyre said...

Sounds like fun... and busy-ness! James is so cute, wish we could have been in Kanab to see you!

Krista said...

I am glad you had a great weekend! Hope you don't mind, I got your blog off of Maureen's. Nothing like a busy crazy schedule to keep families together.