Tuesday, December 16, 2008

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

It has been a while since I have blogged I thought that I would share a few photos from over the last few weeks. Thanksgiving was spent in southern utah with our families. We stayed a few days in Alton and then went down to Kanab for a few days and had Thanksgiving dinner in Fredonia at my sister's house. It turned out great and I am so greatful that they opened up their new home for us to use.

This is James at his Grandpa and Grandma Jones' house. He played and played and played with his little cousins. I don't think he knew what to do with all those girls. He has 4 girl cousins from age 2 to age 4 months. He is the only boy.




Here he is at Grandpa and Grandma Roundy's house. He loved to climb up on this milk can and pound on it like a drum. He thought is was great when he could play in the tupperware cupboard. It kept him entertained for hours.








Here he is at Megan's house while we were getting dinner ready. He was so excited about playing with Uncle Jesse's cars. He even let him play with his very nice car. I think Uncle Jesse is ready for a little boy now that he has a wonderful daughter.
James is playing with Kylee, Bella, and Uncle Jesse



We finally put up our Christmas tree. I have been bugging Cloyd for weeks to help me get it up, but with finals and trying to get his 1st stage exam in it has been very busy.






This is James helping his daddy vaccuum the floor and the couches in preparation for the tree. He thought it was great to be able to be "big" like his dad. He got the little tool and followed his dad around doing what he did. He even jumped on the pillows like his dad did.




Here is our tree. We bought the tree half off a couple of years ago, but didn't have the decorations we wanted for it yet. So, last year we just went with lights mostly because I was 8 months pregnant and to tired to care.
This year was a different story. We looked all year for just the right ornaments when we finally found these little signs of "hope", "peace", and "joy". Cloyd had to paint them, but they were exactly what we wanted.
The next morning, after we had put the tree up, I brought James down for lunch and I had it plugged in. He just stared at it with his mouth wide open forever. He loves it expecially the Angel at the top of the tree.
I love to see the wonder in his eyes. Priceless.










13 comments:

Mindi said...

Love the tree.

Anonymous said...

I love this post-and love the tree! If you are going to be in Kanab over the Holiday, we should get together!

Anonymous said...

I think I have the cutest nephew in the WHOLE world!!!

Lane and Katie Eyre said...

He is adorable! I love the tree.... I wish we could have seen you over Thanksgiving. Life is too busy!

Anonymous said...

Wow! I love the wording on the tree....what a fabulous idea! You guys always do the coolest things....

Kate said...

James is getting so big! I cant wait to see him over Christmas! Your tree looks great too. Where did you find those words? I love them.

Lindsey R said...

James is so dang cute! I can't believe he's almost 1...time flies! Your tree sure does look cute! I have Joy, Hope and Peace signs on mine too! Good for Cloyd to keep those couches so clean...I miss them sometimes! We'll see ya soon!

Torrie Young said...

Beautiful tree. James is so grown up, helping already. That's a great sign!

Cindy England said...

awww...so cute! love the pic of james banging on that little milk jug. thx for coming last night! we had a blast! xoxo, cindy

Stacy said...

Kimmy,

My mom found your blog and told me about it. Your little boy is adorable! I hope you are doing well!!!

hey you said...

I DON'T KNOW WHY, BUT THE LOOK ON JAMES' FACE LOOKS LIKE...I KNOW A LITTLE SOMETHING THAT YOU'D LIKE TO KNOW...REMINDS OF SOMEONE ELSE I KNOW...THAT'S NOT THE ONLY COUCH THAT GOT VACUUMED OUT OVER THE HOLIDAYS...THNX CLOYD...LV M

Anonymous said...

Will you please update I WANT TO SEE CHRISTMAS PICTURES!!!!

hey you said...

that is sooo cute of james at the bowling alley...i just want to hug him...the egg things looks fun...i remember many an Easter when the bigger kids would hide the eggs in really hard places and then the next morning the kids would look all day and find candy...sometimes we found it a year or even two later...lv ma